We are always looking to buy collections of good quality used books although, because we only buy what we have seen, we can only do this within about 30 miles of our base in Bourton on the Water, Gloucestershire, UK.
If you want to sell your books to us this is what we're looking for:
- good condition is vital: think of what you would be willing to buy second hand,
- non fiction is best and often the more obscure and esoteric the better,
- hardback or paperback is okay,
- old books aren't valuable just because they're old. They need to be collectable and in good condition,
- unless your books are highly collectable we're looking for collections of 75 books or more,
- we don't just buy history books, most non fiction categories are of interest. These are particular favourites: art, architecture, design, theology, academic book of most kinds, travel writing (not old guide books), military and, of course, history.
What we don't (usually) want:
- encyclopedias, general reference, paperback fiction, children's books (unless particularly collectable), book club editions and mass-market 'coffee-table' books.
Contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01451 821660